The organizing committee is pleased to invite tutorial proposals for the International Conference Biometrics (ICB2018). Tutorials can be for either half- or full day. Tutorials will be held on February 20th 2018, a day before the main conference begins.
Tutorial proposals can address either emerging or established research topics that will be of broad interest to the biometrics community. Possible areas of interest covering technical knowledge in emerging and/or established research areas within the field of biometrics include (but are not limited to):
- Verification or identification techniques (1:1 matching) of a single biometric trait.
- Multimodal and multisensory verification or identification techniques.
- Advances in Mobile and Remote Biometrics.
- Biometric techniques for Forensic applications.
- Learning methods for biometrics.
- Efficient biometric algorithms for light architectures (e.g. match-on-card/board, mobile platforms, etc.).
- Recognition robustness against data covariates (e.g. off-angle, poor resolution, occlusions, etc.).
- Liveness detection, anti-spoofing and/or other challenges related to impersonation and biometric presentation attacks.
- Soft-biometrics and visual attributes extraction.
- Challenging sub-problems in biometric recognition (e.g. detection, segmentation, tracking, indexing, re-identification, dense registration, etc.).
- Template security, aging and privacy preserving techniques.
Tutorial proposals should contain the following information:
- target audience;
- prerequisites for the participants (if any);
- list of topics to be presented with their estimated duration and pointers to the associated literature;
- a short biography of the tutor with relevant experience on the tutorial topic;
- List on any similar tutorial(s) presented in the past by the author(s) on the same or closely related topic.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted in Word preferably (if not Latex with the source files included) via email to the tutorial chairs: Massimo Tistarelli firstname.lastname@example.org and Norman Poh email@example.com with the subject title “ICB 2018 – Tutorial Proposal”.
Important Dates for Tutorials:
- Tutorial proposal submission deadline: November 1st, 2017
- Acceptance notification: November 15th, 2017
- Tutorial date: February 20th, 2018