The ICB2018 technical program will highlight a series of Special Sessions in order to complement the regular program with new or emerging topics of particular interest to the Biometrics community. Prospective organizers of Special Sessions should submit proposals with the following information:
- Special Session Title
- Motivation, indicating the novelty of the topic and any possible interdisciplinary flavor
- Short biography of the organizers
- List of six (6) contributed papers (including titles, authors, contact information of the corresponding author, and a short abstract).
Upon acceptance of the special session proposal, the contributed papers will be submitted in the same format as regular papers. Organizers should not contribute more than one paper. Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic and on the qualifications of the organizers and of the authors of the contributed papers as well.
- Special Session Proposals due: 1 October 2017
- Notification of acceptance of the Special Session: 15 October 2017
- Submission of full five-page papers for approved Special Sessions: 31 October 2017
The papers in each accepted Special Session will undergo a review process, similar to the process for regular papers. It is the responsibility of the organizers to ensure that their Special Session papers meet ICB quality standards. Papers judged unacceptable will be rejected, and an effort will be made to draw papers from the regular submission process to fill in the gap. If too many papers for a given Special Session are not accepted in the review process and we are unable to find suitable substitutes from the regular review pool, the Special Session may be canceled.
Proposals and inquiries should be sent via e-mail in PDF to the Special Sessions chairs:
Mark Nixon, University of Southampton, email@example.com
Patrick J. Flynn, University of Notre Dame, firstname.lastname@example.org